On Saturday, April 23rd, at 8:30 am to celebrate Earth Day, we will meet at Hannacriox Creek Preserve to clean up the parking lot, roadway, and trails. Those of you unable to make it on April 23rd are welcome to aid in our cleaning efforts anytime during the week of April 17-24th. Please dress properly for the weather, wear sturdy shoes, and bring your gardening gloves. We will supply the lawn bags.
Come for 15 minutes or the entire morning. Your volunteer effort will assist us in protecting the land and history in and around New Baltimore, NY. Volunteers of all ages are welcome to join us — bring the family!
This year, a few of the chores we could use assistance with include:
- Litter pick up (adopt a highway and riverfront/ trails/ parking lot (gloves and trash bags))
- Spring culvert and drainage cleanout for leaves and twigs (a task for rakes and hoes)
- Trail pruning and maintenance of low hanging branches and downed trees (pruners, loppers, and saws)
- Trail sign maintenance/replacement (hammers/nails), including work on North Trail with pruning and trail maker placement to divert trail out of mud area.
- Parking lot maintenance including stone raked back in and pothole repair (rakes/shovels)